Brazilian Rosewood Double Top Grand Concert
This is a special guitar. Firstly, it is made of rare Brazilian rosewood, cut in 1985. I have paperwork for it. The top design is unique; it is a “double top guitar”. This is made by using two top sheets, separated by a honeycomb shaped mesh. The result of building a top in this style is a stiffer top, resulting in a quicker attack, and and increase in volume. The sides of the guitar are strengthened by doubling the rosewood with a mahogany veneer. The added stiffness works well with the stiff top for an instrument with a noticeably different sound. The sound is balanced across the tonal spectrum, you have to play it to hear and enjoy the difference.
- Double top Sitka spruce top
- Double sides – rosewood and mahogany
- Brazilian Rosewood back and sides (legally cut 1985 with papers)
- Cocobolo bridge
- Ebony bound fretboard
- Spalted maple rosette
- Ebony fretboard
- 5-piece walnut/maple/ebony/maple/walnut neck is rigid and twist resistant
- Macassar ebony headstock
- Includes LR Baggs Anthem dual pickup and controller
- 25.4″ scale
- Comes with TRIC ultralight case
- 3-year warranty
Click on a guitar below to view more details on that model.