Small Print About Fees and Shop Norms.
This document may be revised at any time without notice.
- The tuition for the Acoustic Guitar Making course is $4800 plus HST, The Advanced Techniques course is $5200 plus HST.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your bench.
- The full tuition must be paid on or before the first day of the course.
- If you withdraw before the course begins, half of your deposit will be lost to an administration fee. ($250)
- If for any reason Blackwood has to cancel a course, you will get all of your money back.
- If you have lost an admin fee, but sign up for a later course, you get it back as part of your next deposit.
- The flat fee for a 35-night stay in one of Blackwood’s rental rooms is $1500 plus HST. The room includes access to a washroom and kitchenette.
- Bring your own lunch. Lunch will be from 12 noon until 1pm daily.
- We typically have one break in the morning, one in the afternoon.
- You may work in the shop, without instruction or supervision, until 9pm on weekdays.
- The shop will be open from 9 until 4 on Saturdays for your use, no instruction or supervision is given.
- Sundays we are closed.
- Washroom access is on the lower side of the house.
- No alcohol, pot, or other substances that make you dangerous.
- If you are unsure about using a machine, ask, and you will get assistance to keep you safe.
- You understand that woodworking includes hazards with machinery and hand tools. You accept this fact and will not hold Blackwood responsible in any way for personal injury.
- You may make a second guitar during your stay. There will be an additional fee of $1000. Teaching assistance will only be available on guitar #1.
- Shop cleanup will be called at 4:30 pm daily.
- We don’t have music in the shop because it always leads to disagreements…
- You are responsible for bringing your own Personal Protection Equipment such as safety glasses, dust masks, and hearing protection.
- Feel free to bring your own hand tools.
- You may bring your own wood, please consult us to ensure the wood is appropriate. If so, you may keep the wood supplied with the course.
- Parking is available in the lower driveway.
- All materials to build one acoustic guitar are supplied.
- Course length is 5-weeks.
- Enjoy your stay, this is always a great time!
** If we have to cancel a course due to Covid19, a full refund would be issued. This is an exception for this special case. So, if you sign up for a course, and we can’t run it due to Covid19, you will not lose an admin fee. **