The Black Bear
This is the all new Blackwood Black Bear. Just slightly smaller than a dreadnought, this guitar has smooth round lines – a key part of the design concept. The guitar is full of details learned over many years of guitar making. This guitar is the most open, frankly LOUD guitar I have made. It is a true Cannon. I invite you to come to our store and try it out. Feel free to bring along your favourite guitar to compare them.
- Hormigo back and sides, the “wood that sings”
- Lutz sound board
- Black cherry and maple neck
- Macassar ebony fretboard, head stock, and bridge
- 13-fret design lowers the bridge providing more drive
- 2-way reverse truss rod eliminates truss rod cover on headstock.
- Double side wall construction stiffens the body improving vibration transfer
- 25.5 inch scale
- Large sound port to direct sound back to the player.
- Steam bent solid linings add to body strength
- French polish finish simply does not dampen sound
- Gotoh tuners (black), in keeping with the Black Bear theme.
- Comes with a fine Canadian made hard case and 5-year warranty.
Click on a guitar below to view more details on that model.